Chemical anchors are ideally suited for high load applications, as the resulting load is almost always stronger than the base substrate material itself. Since the system is based on chemical and mechanical compounds, no pre-loading stress is imparted to the substrate as it is with expansive mechanical anchors. Therefore chemical anchors are ideal for fixing close to edges and for close group anchoring.
Chemical Resin Anchors Offer Distinct Advantages over Mechanical Anchors
- Full resin embedding of the anchor
- Corrosion protection due to full embedding
- Improved cost performance
- Higher flexibility in terms of the bolt length, depending on the load
- No expansion - no cracking of substrate
- Keying effect - also holds in porous substrates
- Highly crosslinked duromer (a polymer which is crosslinked and will decompose when heated to a defined temperature) - which means it has outstanding load bearing capacity
- Anchors with close spacing
- Anchors with close edge distances
- Many anchor types available in different diameters and various drill hole depths
Explore our Product Range
Free Sika AnchorFix® Calculation Software
Sika AnchorFix® Calculation Software for chemical anchors (threaded rods and rebars) is based on European and US standards and is available for free downloading. It has been developed as a user-friendly, professional design tool to provide an engineer with a state-of-the-art support:
- Design of anchors and post installed rebar connections
- Multiple languages (currently 10 available)3D graphic is a visual aid built from all user inputs
- Metric and fractional (imperial) system units
- Upgradeable via Internet Connection
Sika AnchorFix® software considers the American code for anchoring (ACI 318-08, -11 & -14) and the European design code TR029 for anchoring with threaded rods and rebars and TR023 for post installed rebar connections.
The software is split into 2 Modules and is available to make calculations according to the following design standards:
Anchor calculation module
- EOTA TR029 for design using an ETA according to EAD 330499-00-0601
- TR045 for seismic design using an ETA according to EAD 330499-00-0601
- ACI318-08 for design using an IAPMO/ICC-ES report (IBC 2009)
- ACI318-11 for design using an IAPMO/ICC-ES report (IBC 2012)
- ACI318-14 for design using an IAPMO/ICC-ES report (IBC 2015)
Rebar connection module
- EOTA TR023 for rebar connection design using a TR023 ETA
Please, read carefully before you download the software:
This software application and the results derived from its utilization are intended only for use by professional users with expert knowledge in the area of the intended application. Users must independently verify the results before any use and take into account the site and application conditions, product information and literature, technical state of the art as well as local applicable standards and regulations.
With respect to the software application and results derived from its use, Sika makes no warranties of accuracy, reliability, completeness, merchantability or fitness for any purpose. The software application is provided on an “as-is” basis and Sika expressly disclaims any warranties with respect to the software application and results derived from its use.
I have read, understood and agreed to the above statements by clicking below: