The use of a building or civil engineering structure may change throughout the course of its service life - for example, its function can change, loads can increase or higher building standards become required and the structure must be made compliant. Historical or landmark structures may need to be reinforced in a discrete way without impacting the original design or forms.
To extend the longevity of the structure for many decades to come, structural strengthening is a safe, secure choice. Sika provides fully comprehensive, complete systems for all kinds of structural strengthening. Whether the requirement is to increase the bending, shear or seismic resistance, tested and proven Sika systems are available for use on reinforced concrete, steel, wood and masonry load-bearing structures.
Full Range of Solutions to Meet Local Requirements
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) Plates
- Prefabricated Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) Plates
For strengthening of concrete substrates, prefabricated CFRP plates can be externally bonded or near surface-mounted. Sika offers a wide range of carbon FRP plates in different dimensions and varying E-moduli.
- L-shape Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) Plates
Shear capacity of concrete beams can be increased by externally applying CFRP strengthening systems. Sika provides unique L-shape CFRP plates for effective anchorage of stirrup forces in concrete compressive zones.
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) Post-tensioning Systems
Post-tensioned systems are effective for control of structural cracks and deflections and to increase fatigue resistance and seismic resistance. Sika provides a unique system based on post-tensioned CFRP plates.
Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Fabrics
- Externally applied fabrics can be used to increase flexural, shear, axial or seismic resistance of structures. Sika offers various fabric systems, based on different types of materials for specific needs and cost-optimized strengthening.
Free Sika® CarboDur® FRP Design Software
- Free software for advanced structural design
- Includes full range of Sika Structural Strengthening Systems
- Complex calculations in minimum time
- Based on international structural codes: ACI 440.2R-17 and ACI 318-14, TR55 and EUROCODE 2 and various local codes
- Updated on a regular basis
- User-friendly interface
Download the software!
Please, read carefully before you download the software:
This software application and the results derived from its utilization are intended only for use by professional users with expert knowledge in the area of the intended application. Users must independently verify the results before any use and take into account the site and application conditions, product data sheet and product literature, technical state of the art as well as local applicable standards and regulations. I have read, understood, and agreed to the above statements by clicking below:
I have read, understood, and agreed to the above statements by clicking below:
The software is free to use. After the trial period (15 days) you will be asked to complete the registration form in order to activate the software.
Your Best Partner for Excellence in Structural Strengthening
Sika is Your reliable Partner on Site
- Global market leader in building and construction chemicals
- Highest technical expertise and practical experience in concrete repair and structural strengthening
- Excellent reputation with leading contractors and authorities
Value Engineering and Innovations
- High performance integrated products and systems that can boost and improve the capacity, efficiency, durability and aesthetics of buildings and
other structures – to benefit our customers and sustainable development
- Sika trained and experienced specialist contractor networks
Unique Solutions for Special Conditions
- Solutions for nearly every different application requirement
- Controlled working, curing and hardening times for different climate conditions
- Special end-anchorage solutions for use in lower strength concrete and other substrates
Proven Systems and Application Techniques
- Over 40 years of experience with systems and techniques for structural bonding and strengthening
- Products and systems with extensive internal and external testing and assessment
- Highest international standards of production and quality control