Torch-on bituminous membranes are an effective, easy and simple product for all seasons. Once applied, Sika's bituminous membranes are a thin layer of watertight material, that is fully-bonded to the surface.
What you will need
Sika® BlackSeal Primer
Sika® Index VIS
Sika® BlackSeal Silvercoat
Step 1: Surface Preparation
- Ensure that the substrate is clean, dry and free of all contaminants and correctly prepared.
- All dust and loose friable material must be removed.
- Blow holes and voids should be fully exposed then repaired.
Step 2: Apply Primer Coat
- Apply Sika® BlackSeal Primer Coat according to the type of substrate at the correct consumption to the prepared surface and allow to dry before next application stage.
- Refer to the product datasheet.
Step 3: Place Sika® Index VIS
- Unroll the torch-on and align it before torching or bonding.
- Each membrane must be laid parallel to each other and must be staggered by at least 1 m to avoid coinciding joints.
- The end-to-end overlaps must always be alternate, never arranged along a single line.
- Always start on the lowest height of the slope and with the drains, the downpipes or other details.
- The torching of the rolls must heat the membrane and the substrate at the same time, concentrating on the roll and the overlapping.
- The overlaps must be welded with great care until a trickle of melted mixture about 1 cm wide can be seen coming out along the line of the overlap.
Please refer to the product datasheet.
Step 4: Final Top Coat
- Once the application of Sika® Index VIS is complete, Sika® BlackSeal Silvercoat coating can be applied by a brush or roller.